Theft

So recently I've dealt with some little punk that decided it was okay to trace and steal her artwork from other artists and popular animes/mangas. This whole thing brings me back to the copyright; everything is based on something else, I believe, but what draws the fine line that differs inspiration from theft? Well this girl is definitely a fine example of theft. To me inspiration is when you take something from another artist's unique(or not so) style and use it in your own work; by doing this you're actually helping your own style develop with the support of theirs. Sure it isn't your style to begin with but no matter what, there's always someone in the world that will have a drawing style similar to yours.
Stealing someone's work and claiming it is something entirely different. This girl did exactly that; she took a picture, either traced it or used it as a reference, and then changed some colors and claimed that she drew it all on her own. It' not just the tracing though, she's taken the entire design of a picture and told everyone in her description that it was her Original Character (or O.C.) That's just not right. On SOME of her pictures she posted where she got the reference, but on most of them (and you can tell she used one) there isn't one. To make matters even more ironic, she has a copyright warning below picture stating that it's hers and instructing others not to take it.
I HATE THIS BITCH.
You can't do that! You can't just blatantly rip someone off and then claim rights to something that they made. TO MAKE MATTERS EVEN WORSE I contacted her and informed her that she was stealing and she started BITCHING at me about how wrong I was. I mean even if she WASN'T stealing (which she was) she could have kindly denied my accusations and left it at that; but no, she dragged the arguement on and on saying that I was insulting her art.

Sigh. I don't even know anymore. I'm sick and tired (literally, not in state of mind) and I need some sleep. I'm not sure if this is enough words Sutherland but I really need to lie down, sorry I missed school today.

Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment