Video games can save the world.

Video games can save the world.

    I'm double sided on this TED topic. Now I guess I'm a little biased because of all of the material things in the world that I love, video games are on the highest part of the list that they can get. No not even, they don't deserve to be on some ratty list, video games gets its own golden plaque on it's own wall in its own room in its own fucking mansion. That's how much I love gaming. I think know that if I had all of the video games in the world as well as all of the consoles that I could live in my room (that is if I had food and water as well.) Saving the world with them is a different matter to me. Although my life is gaming, I don't know how much I can do with the time. I do learn more when it's a game, just like the woman said, and I wish wish wishhh that teachers would understand that if learning is fun then we learn more.
    For example have you ever tried to memorize all of the nations of the world? No? Well no one really does unless they're a geography nerd or something. I've got them memorized though because of one amazing song created by the Animaniacs corporation. They've made two of the best geography songs known to this date. Here's the one that I memorized and, although it's a bit outdated and some of those Nations aren't Nations any more, I still love knowing them --->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDtdQ8bTvRc The other one that I haven't yet memorized is this one -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNUDDaEOvuY which sings the states in the US and their capitols. I swear if I had known about this song I would have aced the test we took on it in middle school. Now I'm getting a bit distracted here, I was originally talking about video games. What I'm trying to say is that when things are fun, like games and songs, they're easier to learn. If there was a fun game in which the winnings of it donated money to countries in need then it'd be a lot more productive than handing out flyers telling people to donate. Saving the world is kind of like that though isn't it? If the game she was talking about was for us to provide new methods of doing something then sure, a hell of a lot of people would play it. Did you know that humans will do ten times more work if they're working for a material prize or in a competition rather than an internal goal. Me and my friends always joke about how if there were a 'health bar' above our head showing out progress then we would do more work. It's not a falsity though, we really would do a lot better if things were more like they are in video games.

Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment