[FREE] Drive.

Well. DRIVE. What can I say, this movie was so awful that I actually wondered for a brief moment if the theatre offered refunds. I mean holy SHIT (pardon my language), this was a boring movie. Maybe it's because I'm too young to like it or maybe I was just expecting a lot more. Either way, the movie was dull and tasteless and there was practically no dialogue in it at all.

The first maybe like.. thirty minutes of the movie were amazing. As were any parts of the movie where, you know, there was actual driving. But the story seemed to fall apart at the seams and it was almost like the movie was trying way too hard to be really 'artsy' which ended up causing it's overall downfall as a film. The main character seems like he's TRYING to be really cool and mellow, like he think's he's the toughest shit on the block. To give him credit, he is cool, but some variation in facial expression would have added a nice touch to his performance. Hell though, maybe it was just bad directing?

It's funny, however, from what I see in the reviews it was supposed to be a really good movie. It got over 90%'s on more than a few review sites. This kind of makes me falter when I'm slandering the film so much, but I do stand by my opinion. The movie had MORE than enough quiet moments (and it's an action film so I'm not sure how that adds up) and when it was loud it was gruesome. The gore seemed forced in and came almost out of no where. Not gonna lie, that did add to some parts of it, but you have to know your limits when you're doing that. There were also parts in the movie where I started laughing, and not because it was a funny part. It was just so.. silly... like the overwhelming violence and the underwhelming emotion, it seemed like it was some sort of satire of an artsy film.

Ahh.. If I talk any more about this movie, I'll just make myself frustrated. I'll leave it at here for now

Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment