[VID] A ban without cause?

I had previously heard of anti-Islamic ideas spreading to France; but I never quite understood whether it was being over or under-emphasized by the press and, more importantly, by the people. This video just makes me a bit more confused.
 (if you didn’t watch the video for some reason) The video talks about how there’s a new law that prohibits the practicing of prayer outside. It seems to center mostly around the religion of Islam, as sometimes there are so many people that they cannot all fit inside a proper mosque. Some practiced freely in the streets up until Friday. Now I have a lot of mixed opinions about this, part of me wants to believe that there’s some rational reason for banning religion being practiced in public just like there was a reason for not allowing certain kinds of religious head wear. I want to know more about this law, and I really hope it wasn’t actually made just to appeal to some right-wing candidates. I said earlier, and it was stated in the video, that before this law was passed there was another law that banned wearing a full-face-veil in public. I believe mr. Sutherland actually brought it up in class too, but I never really got a word in back then. To be honest I expected the best from it? I even think I’ve talked with Irene about this too. I figured that it was banned for reasons of security. If someone walked into a store wearing a full-faced veil I’d probably expect to be robbed. I’m not discriminating against them at all, I’m just wary because it covers their face. Anyone, they don’t have to be religious, can get a full-faced veil and use it to their own advantage. It’s like if a certain religion justified wearing a ski mask with holes cut in it. Even if it was religious, it’d still be a threat to be seen with one. I dunno maybe I’m just seeing this from an entirely wrong perspective.

Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment