[RES] Changing

I decided to be biased and scroll through the blogs of people I'm really good friends with, and one quote really stood out to me, from my good friend Adam.

"Only recently have I thought that it's okay to change and not retain the same "you". I used to hold this pride in the fact that I could see everyone else change before my eyes, yet in my own biased opinion I was relatively the same. Stepping out of my ego for a moment I've come to terms with the severity of my own being which has, hopefully, matured."

I think I've thought about this too, but I can't say the same. I know I've changed, both for better and for worse, from when I was younger. I can even see the change in my personality from freshmen year. Most people tend to think about it in terms of other people. A bit like what Adam stated above; we always notice other people, they're the ones changing. It's hard to put the mirror on yourself and notice that you've changed too. 
It has a lot to do with psychology and things I don't fully comprehend, but it involves other aspects of what we see too. For instance, every freshmen at our school seems to get younger by generation. It looks funny, until you notice that they're only getting 'younger' because you're getting older. You're casually observing the general age of freshmen but as you grow into a big senior, it's hard to remember that there's such an age gap it's no wonder they look younger year after year. This year in fact I mixed everyone up, I thought juniors were seniors I thought sophomores were freshmen I thought freshmen were juniors, I obviously am not a very 'age-observant' person. But I do notice the change, in how people act and talk, and in moods that take an air in the classroom. The world is moving so quickly around us that we forget about who's watching.

Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment