[FREE] Dead Island


So I’ve heard quite a lot about a new game coming out, it’s called ‘Dead Island’ and it looks pretty top notch. Here’s the official trailer, which I think is amazing just standing on its own.

 

The way the video was ordered was stunning, and the graphics just take my breath away. Naturally, my artistic instincts kicked in when I was watching the video and I noticed that the scenery is just beautiful, the way they colored and toned each scene made tears run down my face. I mean, I was also crying because the trailer itself is really depressing, but it was also just so beautiful.

From what I’ve seen from the character designs, the characters also seem really well crafted. The main character is a woman named Xian Mei. The design looks very promising, as it doesn't fall victim to the usual traps that female protagonists fall to. She seems like she'd be a very well-rounded character. Unluckily, I haven't had the chance to play this game yet. I don't really have the money to be buying video games willy-nilly. But I do think that if I get enough money I will take it under high consideration. After all, it's another zombie game and it looks like it could even match 'Left 4 Dead', another popular title. I'll just have to wait and find out if it's all that I expect it to be.

As for things I find a bit lacking. I did cheat and watch a little of the gameplay, and I kind of hoped it would be more of a story-driven game and not just a walk-around-and-kill-whatever-you-want game. I can't make any complete judgements, but that's the impression that I got. I only wish that there was a game out there where you realistically lived through a zombie apocalypse. You still got to fight of course, but I want it to be something you have to think out. Not just a game where you run around flailing and hope to kill some zombies. Maybe a kind of game where it's nearly impossible to win. After all isn't that what a real zombie apocalypse would be like?

Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment